Carrots are one of my favorite veggies. They keep forever in the fridge so I can always have some on hand. This simple recipe for steamed carrots with lemon-dill vinaigrette gives your boring carrots a really nice Dijon kick that isn’t overwhelming. It uses ingredients I usually have on hand (if you don’t have a fresh lemon, you can skip the zest, or use a bit of lemon pepper).
Also try my roasted carrots. They’re easy and delicious. For something a little different, my spicy cranberry glazed carrots are quite yummy too! But make these steamed carrots with lemon-dill vinaigrette first!
Steamed Carrots with Lemon-Dill Vinaigrette
- 1 medium lemon zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 3 teaspoons dried, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 pounds medium carrots
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, Dijon, red wine vinegar and honey.
- While still whisking, slowly pour in the olive oil. Whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the dill, salt and lemon zest.
- Steam carrots in a steam basket over a large pot of simmering water, about 8 minutes. Carrots should be somewhat tender but still have a bit of 'bite'.
- Place carrots in a large bowl or pan and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Toss to coat and let set for 5 minutes to absorb the dressing.