I was looking for something different. As much as I love grilling beef patties on a grill, simple and tasty, I wanted something bigger. Something new. These spinach and artichoke stuffed burgers were just flat-out crazy delicious. Every bite is full or perfectly seasoned beef and a wonderful cheesy mixture that has just a slight kick. This is one great burger!
The recipe below makes 8 good-sized burgers. You want to pack them full of the cheese mixture, but not over-pack them or they will certainly burst open on the grill. You might end up with leftover cheese mix, which is great because it’s also awesome as a dip!
Don’t go crazy flipping your spinach and artichoke burgers on the grill. One time, that’s it. And carefully. Treat them as if you’re cooking raw eggs and don’t over-work them.
Also try my spinach and artichoke grilled cheese sandwiches.
Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Burgers
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup frozen spinach defrosted, drained
- 1 cup artichoke hearts chopped, drained
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns
- Vegetable oil for brushing
- Add the cream cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, garlic and red pepper flakes to a large bowl. Stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the beef into 16 equally sized balls and flatten into thin patties. Place 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture into the middle of 8 of the patties. Add another patty on top and pinch the seams to seal.
- Season the burgers with salt and pepper on both sides. Fire up your grill for medium-high direct cooking.
- Lightly brush the patties on both sides with vegetable oil and add to the grill. Cook 4-5 minutes per side or until they reach the desired doneness.
- Lightly toast the buns and and top with the cooked burgers.