“Blown away” were the first words that crossed my mind when I took my first bite of chicken wings (cooked using a Vortex) tossed in Meijer’s Sweet Chili wing sauce. With no artificial flavors, I found the sauce to be nothing but pure goodness.
The sauce has a nice heat level, not too much and not too little. A little sweetness and the perfect consistency. Not too gloppy, but perfect for sticking to wings and your fingers. Better than many top shelf wing sauces and a whole lot cheaper.
Anita’s favorite eat-out wings are the Thai’R Cracker wings from Quaker Steak and Lube. She said that the Meijer sweet chili wing sauce is at least as good and maybe a bit better. That’s saying a lot.
Also try Meijer’s Medium Buffalo wing sauce. Not too spicy, but just right!I absolutely love chicken wings, cooked any way, with any sauce (or without). I love them so much that I created a free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes.
Meijer Sweet Chili Wing Sauce
- 3-4 pounds chicken wings flats and drumettes separated, tips discarded
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Meijer Sweet Chili wing sauce to taste
- Place wings in a large resealable baggie or container.
- Add the oil, salt and pepper. Seal and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- Toss wings with sauce before serving.