BBQ Meatloaf Sandwiches
Note: You'll get approximately 8 servings from this recipe, depending on how thin or thick you cut the meatloaf.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
Servings: 6 -8 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef do not use lean, you want a bit of fat to keep the meatloaf moist. I used 80/20
- 1 3/4 cups possibly more bread crumbs
- 1 egg whisked
- 2 cloves garlic minces
- 1/2 small onion minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups your favorite BBQ sauce divided
- Large hamburger buns
- 8-12 slices bacon cooked
- French-fried onions
Preheat your oven to 350 F.
Line a baking sheet with foil.
Place the ground beef into a large bowl and add all of the remaining ingredients up to the buns.
Using your hands, combine the mixture well. If it is too wet add a bit more bread crumbs. If it is too dry add just a bit of water and combine.
Place the mixture onto the foil and form into a loaf. You want a loaf that is just slightly larger around than your buns.
Brush 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce over the meatloaf then sprinkle with black pepper.
Bake 45-50 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 F.
Allow the meatloaf to rest for 10 minutes then brush with 1/2 cup BBQ sauce.
Slather buns with mayonnaise.
Slice meatloaf and place on the buns.
Add bacon, a good dollop of BBQ sauce and some French-fried onions.
Add top bun, serve, and devour.