Four-Pepper Chicken Fried Rice
Fantastic flavors with a little kick to boot!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
- 1 cup brown rice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 pound fresh green beans trimmed, and cut into 1" lengths
- 3 jalapenos seeded if desired, cut into strips
- 2 red bell peppers cut into strips
- 2 poblano peppers can sub green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 6-8 dried chiles
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce I used Cholula, my favorite
- 2 cups roasted chicken chopped
- Green onions chopped, for garnish
Cook rice per package instructions.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet. Add the green beans and cook until slightly tender, about 8 minutes.
Add in the peppers and dried chiles and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
Remove the vegetables to a large bowl.
Reduce heat to low.
Add the eggs and scramble. Cook until done. Remove to the bowl with the vegetables.
Add the remaining oil. Increase the heat to medium high. Add in the rice and toss to coat. Cook for 1 minute.
Add in the chicken, soy sauce, and hot sauce. Stir. Cook until the chicken is heated.
Add the vegetables and eggs back and heat.
Serve garnished with green onions and a little extra soy sauce on the side.