Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken
Note: If you use thicken chicken breasts you may need more cooking time. Slice them thin or butterfly them for a quicker cooking time.
Servings 4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts butterflied if desired. Or substitute 1 1/2 pounds fresh chicken tenders
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix I used 2 tablespoons of our homemade mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms sliced thin
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed, softened
- 1 10 3/4 ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- Hot cooked pasta or rice
Place chicken into slow cooker set to low.
Combine the dressing mix and water and pour over the chicken.
Cover and cook for 3 hours.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the mushrooms and sautee until just starting to soften. Remove and let cool slightly.
In a large bowl combine the cream cheese and canned soup. Whisk until smooth.
Fold in the mushrooms and pour mixture over chicken.
Cover and cook another hour or until chicken is done.