Mini-Corn Dog Muffins
Great little appetizer bites!
Servings 48 bites
- 8 hot dogs cut into 1" pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 green jalapeno minced (optional)
- 1 red jalapeno minced (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups cornmeal
- Dipping sauces ketchup, BBQ, or this maple honey mustard
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Spray two mini-muffin pans (24 muffins each) with non-stick spray.
Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, honey and butter in medium sized bowl.
Slowly whisk in the flour, baking powder, Creole seasoning, jalapenos, and cornmeal. Stir until smooth.
Place one tablespoon of the mixture into each muffin cup. Then, push a piece of hot dog down into the middle of each cup.
Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauces.
Calories: 75kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 88mg | Potassium: 42mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 99IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg