This taco sauce is dangerously close to being the same as the sauce you get in the little packets at Taco Bell. It’s very good over tacos.
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon A-1 Steak Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 drop liquid smoke
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, whisking often. The sauce will thicken.
- Remove from heat and let cool. The sauce will keep for at least a week in the fridge.
Nutritional values are approximate.