These little corn meal disks are very addicting. You get the flavor of grilled corn combined with the sweetness of butter. I could eat these all day long. Polenta is easy to keep on hand. Just cut off a few pieces next time you’re grilling, and in minutes you’ll be enjoying them too!
I use pre-cooked polenta (found in a tube in the Italian section of the grocery store). You can make your own from scratch, but it’s a lot more work and will tend to fall apart on the grill.
Grilled polenta is also great topped with my spicy roasted red pepper sauce.
These little corn meal disks are very addicting. You get the flavor of grilled corn combined with the sweetness of butter. I could eat these all day long.
- 12 ounces polenta cut into 1/2″ thick coins.
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- kosher salt
- Heat a grill to high.
- Brush both sides of the polenta “pucks” with oil. Place onto grill and grill 2-3 minutes. Rotate 90 degrees and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Flip. Brush with butter and grill another 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt, to taste, and serve.
Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 118mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 357IU | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional values are approximate.