I already have a version of taco sauce that is very much like what you get at Taco Bell – the plain sauce, not the hot. This version here is kicked up, and is just like the hot packets you get at Taco Bell. Perfect on tacos, nachos, and anything Mexican or southwestern.
This hot taco sauce is great on my copycat Taco Bell tacos.
Taco Sauce (Hot version)
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onions
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place tomato sauce and water into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the spices and whisk to combine well.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer and let simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.