This is a great chipotle seasoning mix with a kickin’ southwestern flavor. I used it to make a creamy dipping sauce for chicken fingers, but it would work great as a rub too, specially on chicken.
Also try my homemade Montreal steak seasoning.
- 1 tablespoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon freshly ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients. Add more coriander, cumin and cayenne as desired. Each of them can overwhelm the mix if you aren't careful, so add them in small, but equal quantities.
Nutritional values are approximate.