Sometimes you just need a quick, easy, fun dinner. We often make pizzas on French bread and either grill them or bake them in the oven. This time we decided to try something new and make tortilla pizzas. They turned out fantastically crunchy and very tasty.
Make sure you don’t use too much sauce or your tortilla pizzas will get soft and soggy. You can bake them for a few minutes before adding the toppings to help crisp them up, or use a pizza stone.
We used our homemade pizza sauce when we made these pizzas. I think it’s the best sauce ever. It takes a little bit of time to put together, but it is oh so worth it. I usually make a very big batch and freeze some so I always have it on hand for a great, quick dinner like these tortilla pizzas.
For a great breakfast idea try my Mexican breakfast pizza.
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 3-4 tablespoons pizza sauce I used my homemade pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Toppings mushrooms, olives, cooked Italian sausage, pepperoni, etc
- Preheat oven to 425 F. If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven to get hot.
- Spread sauce over tortilla. Add cheese and toppings.
- Bake 10 minutes or until tortilla is crispy and cheese is melted.
Nutritional values are approximate.