Visit my other site, For The Wing, for all things chicken-wing!
I picked up a few bottles of Quaker Steak and Lube wing sauces the last time we were at Jungle Jim’s in Cincinnati, including their Golden Garlic Sauce. I was anxious to fire up my Big Easy Wingin’ator 3000 with some wings. If you don’t have a Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Oil-less Turkey Fryer, just bake or grill the wings until done. The Quaker Steak and Lube Golden Garlic Sauce is the star of this show but don’t skimp on the wings either.
I really like the Quaker Steak and Lube Golden Garlic sauce. It is definitely garlicky. You won’t bite into a wing and think to yourself “I thought this was supposed to have garlic in it.” It brings the garlic. Look at the picture above. You can see how the Golden Garlic stacks up heat-wise to the other yummy Quaker Steak & Lube sauces here.
I cooked these wings up my standard way. An hour or so in my marinade and then onto the Big Easy for another hour or so. Tossed with the sauce of choice and served with quality Ranch dressing and our homemade wing dipping sauce.
I absolutely love chicken wings, cooked any way, with any sauce (or without). I love them so much that I created a free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes.
Quaker Steak and Lube – Golden Garlic Sauce
- Prepare the wings by cutting off the tips and separating the flats and drumettes.
- Divide the wing pieces into two large baggies. Add a batch of the wing marinade to each. Seal and gently shake to coat. Refrigerate for at least an hour, tossing every once-in-a-while.
- While the wings cool, warm about 1/2 cup of the wing sauce.
- Add the wings to a large bowl, drizzle with sauce and toss to coat. If you like more sauce, make sure you warm it a bit before adding.
- Serve with dipping sauces.
Nutritional values are approximate.
At $5-$6 (you can order online, too), the sauce was not over-priced. You don’t need a lot of sauce. And the sauce sticks to the wings. Not gloppy, molasses sticky, but just sticky enough to not run off and form a puddle. I liked that. A lot.
I gave the Golden Garlic sauce high ratings on the ‘Mater Rater. You’ll have to really love garlic to truly enjoy these. Garlic is what you’ll get and not a lot else. For me, that’s just fine.