This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
My goodness these grilled Hawaiian chicken sandwiches are good. The Asian-inspired marinade makes the chicken not only super tasty, but also moist and tender. The pineapple and red onion compliment each other perfectly.
Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches
For the marinade
For the sandwiches
- 4 chicken breasts butterflied and trimmed
- 4 slices pineapple
- 4 hamburger buns
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 4 slices red onion
- 4 leaves lettuce
- Combine the marinade ingredients and place in a large resealable baggie or container. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Refrigerate overnight, tossing occasionally.
- Fire up your grill. Sear the chicken on both sides then move to indirect heat and cook until internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- Lightly grill the pineapple slices.
- Slather the buns with the mayonnaise. Top with the chicken, pineapple, red onion, and lettuce and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.