Wow! Talk about some great chicken! Perfectly crispy skin, covered in vinegar-mayonnaise BBQ sauce. Man, this white barbecue chicken that I made on the Char-Broil Big Easy came out great. We both loved it. It is definitely something different from the ‘usual’ roasted chicken. I opted for split bone-in chicken breasts, but you could use boneless breasts, legs, wings or even whole chicken.
You can certainly make your own white BBQ sauce, it’s pretty easy to do. I decided to use some of the bottle of Lillie’s Q Ivory sauce that I picked up at Jungle Jim’s outside of Cincinnati. The Ivory sauce is thick, but not too thick, and it’s not too mayonnaise-y or vinegar-y. We think it has the perfect balance of flavors, making it ideal for this roasted chicken.
White Barbecue Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Very lightly brush the chicken with oil.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Add breasts to the Big Easy cooking basket and place into the cooker. Cook until chicken hits 165 F.
- Remove from cooker and let cool for a few minutes then brush generously with the BBQ sauce.
- Serve with a small bowl of sauce on the side for dipping.
Nutritional values are approximate.