This right here is yet another example of why you should not poo-poo generic wing sauces. I absolutely love all of the Meijer wing sauces. Meijer’s Medium Buffalo wing sauce is lightly spicy, has that great Buffalo wing flavor, and has the perfect consistency. And consistency is important. Too many less-expensive sauces are watery. You end up with 10 times as much sauce on your plate as you do on your wings. That’s not why you made wings. You want them covered in sauce, not swimming in sauce soup.
Here in Indy at least, Meijer’s wing sauces are all under $3 for a 12 ounce bottle. That’s a really good price, and I often find them on sale for $2.80 or even less. That’s back-up-the-truck and load-up-on-wing sauce time for me. You can’t beat the price or the flavor, be it the Meijer medium Buffalo wing sauce or any other flavor. And they’re all-natural too boot!
Also check out Meijer’s Sweet Chili, Bourbon honey mustard and Mango Habanero wing sauces. They’re darned good too! All of them are great in my slow cooker Buffalo Ranch wings! Or swing by WalMart and grab some Great Value medium wing sauce!I absolutely love chicken wings, cooked any way, with any sauce (or without). I love them so much that I created a free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes.
Meijer Medium Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 3-4 pounds chicken wings flats and drumettes separated, tips discarded
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Meijer Buffalo wing sauce to taste
- Place wings in a large resealable baggie or container.</span>
- Add the oil, salt and pepper. Seal and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- Toss wings with sauce before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.