Visit my other site, For The Wing, for all things chicken-wing!
Legend Larry’s is a wing joint with a few locations around the Green Bay area. I’ve never been there but I can see why it’s popular. I picked up a few bottles of their wing sauce at Jungle Jim’s last time I was there. The first I tried was the Hot Garlic sauce. This sauce is not for the timid. It says ‘Hot’ in the name for a reason. It definitely has a kick but it’s not an over-the-top kick. I’d call it the perfect kick. And the garlic? Same thing. It’s got a great garlic hit, but again not over-the-top. This is a wonderful sauce that I will enjoy time and time again.
I’ve found that there’s something seriously addicting about each of Legend Larry’s wing sauces. The consistency is perfect, just the right thickness to stay on your wings even when dunking into blue cheese dressing. The flavors are bold and the sauces don’t taste like they came from a bottle. Good stuff. Mighty good stuff.
Also try Legend Larry’s Bacon BBQ Wings.
I absolutely love chicken wings, cooked any way, with any sauce (or without). I love them so much that I created a free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes.
Legend Larry’s Hot Garlic Wings
- 3-4 pounds chicken wings flats and drumettes separated, tips discarded or saved for making chicken broth
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Fire Eater Rub
- Legend Larry’s Hot Garlic wing sauce to taste
- Place wings into a large resealable bag.
- Add the oil.
- Add the rub. Seal the bag, and toss gently to coat.
- Refrigerate for 1-3 hours before cooking.
- Serve wings tossed in the sauce.
Nutritional values are approximate.