Visit my other site, For The Wing, for all things chicken-wing!
If you’ve been looking for a great, inexpensive store-bought Buffalo wing sauce that isn’t too spicy, the mild wing sauce from Great Value (WalMart) is definitely the sauce for you. And me. Because I absolutely loved it. I decided to take a little break from hot wing sauces and this mild sauce definitely still satisfied my Buffalo wing craving without burning my mouth. Great Value mild wing sauce is the perfect sauce for feeding a crowd without having to worry about someone saying it’s too hot.
It’s barely spicy, but very flavorful. Not overly vinegary. And the perfect consistency. I was really, really happy with it. This sauce is proof that you don’t have to spend a lot of money on a store sauce to get a good product.
WalMart’s Great Value brand has a whole lot of other wing sauce flavors. I can’t wait to try them. If they are anything like this mild wing sauce I’m in for a treat!
I absolutely love chicken wings, cooked any way, with any sauce (or without). I love them so much that I created a free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes.
Great Value Mild Wing Sauce
- 3-4 pounds chicken wings flats and drumettes separated, tips discarded
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Great Value Mild Wing Sauce to taste
- Place wings in a large resealable baggie or container.
- Add the oil, salt and pepper. Seal and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
- Toss wings with sauce before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.