There are certainly a lot of homemade Thousand Island dressing recipes out on the internet. But I found this one to be slightly different. The flavor is richer. It’s deeper. And it has just a little kick to it. It’s just better than the rest. And it uses ingredients that I have on-hand. That’s a plus. Perfect on a salad, and even better on a Reuben sandwich.
I wasn’t shy with the hot sauce when I made this homemade Thousand Island dressing. Now, I wasn’t making spicy wing sauce, no, but I wanted to get that spiciness. So many dressings are just creamy. Or just vinegary. A little heat changes things up.
Homemade Thousand Island Dressing
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos drained
- 1 large egg hard-boiled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons dill pickles finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers drained
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- hot sauce to taste
- Combine everything in a bowl.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour then check for seasoning.
Nutritional values are approximate.