Visit my other site, For The Wing, for all things chicken-wing!
One thing that I love about chicken wings is that there isn’t just one perfect combination of rub. Or sauce. There are an infinite number of great wings. These Anchonero Hot BBQ wings are just another example of a perfect combination of a spicy southwestern rub and sauce.
A little heat and a little sweet, you’d think I hadn’t eaten in a month when I devoured these Anchonero hot BBQ wings. ‘Anchonero’ is a combination of ‘ancho’ and ‘habenero’ chiles. You get great chile pepper flavor in every bite, that’s for sure. I found the spice level to be great, not too hot but definitely not mild either.
The Anchonero rub and BBQ sauce i used on these wings comes from AlbuKirky Seasonings, in yep, you guessed it, Albuquerque, New Mexico. They have lots of southwestern-flavored rubs and sauces and jellies. Check them out, you’ll love them all! I made some amazing red chile wings using their red chile rub.
I cooked these wings on my Weber Jumbo Joe using the Vortex insert but you can use a deep fryer, oven, gas grill, Char-Broil Big Easy, or whatever you prefer!
I absolutely love chicken wings, cooked any way, with any sauce (or without). I love them so much that I created a free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes.
Anchonero Hot BBQ Wings
- 3-4 pounds chicken wings flats and drumettes separated, tips discarded or saved for making chicken broth
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- AlbuKirky Seasonings Anchonero BBQ Rub
- AlbuKirky Seasonings Anchonero BBQ Sauce
- Place wings into a large resealable bag.
- Add the oil.
- Add the rub. Seal the bag, and toss gently to coat.
- Refrigerate for 1-3 hours before cooking.
- When done, place wings in a large bowl and add sauce. Toss to coat.
Nutritional values are approximate.