Who doesn’t love a bologna sandwich? Well, this takes the old classic to a whole new level. You’ll find it hard to believe that you’re eating bologna. Crispy, fried sandwich meat with spicy BBQ sauce served on a bun with creamy tangy slaw. You need fried BBQ bologna sandwiches right now! And actually, I do too!
These fried BBQ bologna sandwiches are so good that we made them twice this week already. Although I grew up eating my share of bologna sandwiches (on white bread with mayo), I never had fried bologna until I moved to the mid-west. Dang, all those years missing out on such awesomeness!
If I’m reaching for a bottled BBQ sauce, I often go for Sweet Baby Ray’s.
Also try my Pool Room Bologna burgers. They’re crazy good too.
Fried BBQ Bologna Sandwiches
- 6-8 slices bologna
- your favorite BBQ sauce
- your favorite BBQ seasoning Creole seasoning will also work just fine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 hamburger buns
- prepared coleslaw I mixed some broccoli slaw with slaw dressing
- Brush all sides of the bologna with the BBQ sauce and sprinkle with the rub. Place in a large resealable container for 4 hours.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, remove bologna from container and shake off any excess sauce. Fry in oil until browned on both sides. Remove to a plate.
- Toast buns if desired.
- Top bun bottoms with fried bologna, followed by slaw and bun tops.
Nutritional values are approximate.