Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
I love making split bone-in chicken breasts on my Char-Broil Big Easy. The Big Easy is the king of poultry cooking in my book. But I’ve never made boneless chicken in it until now. The new cooking rack available from Char-Broil lets me cook on 6 levels versus just two with the standard Big Easy basket and bunk bed basket. So, I bought 4 (you could do up to 6, like I mentioned, but here they come 4 in a family pack) chicken breasts and got started. I butterflied the chicken first. Butterflying ensures nice even cooking. Big ole thick breasts can be more challenging. Butterflying solves that. I let them marinate for a while then onto the Big Easy until done!
I sliced the cooked butterflied chicken breasts thin and used them to top some fantastic salads. The chicken was moist and packed with flavor.
Make sure you test each chicken breast for doneness before removing it from the rack. Depending on weather conditions and the chicken thickness some may get done before others.
Also try my Stubb’s chicken rub chicken, also made on the Big Easy.
Boneless Skinless Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 6 chicken breasts boneless, skinless, butterflied or pounded out to an even thickness
- Your favorite marinade I used Stubb’s Chicken Citrus & Onion
- Place the chicken into a large reealable container.
- Add the marinade, seal, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Spray the racks with non-stick spray.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- NOTE: The breasts on the bottom racks may cook faster than those on the top. Check the temperature on EACH breast before removing it.
Nutritional values are approximate.