Visit my other site, For The Wing, for all things chicken-wing!
Ketchup-based BBQ sauces are very common. Ketchup-based wing sauces? Not so much. That’s why I was (incorrectly) apprehensive about this chili garlic wing sauce at first. Would it be too ketchupy? Would I like it? No, and no. I LOVED IT! This sauce is the absolute bomb on wings. It has so many flavors packed into one bite it’s almost impossible to describe. Just the right balance of tomato, garlic, spice, sweetness and mustard. And the consistency is spot-on too. I so enjoyed these chili garlic wings!
The sauce on these chili garlic wings is actually great on anything you grill, too. Slather some on some ribs, or grilled chicken. Or even better, smoked brisket or pulled pork. You’ll be thinking… hey! This is my new go-to sauce for everything!
Also try my adobo Buffalo wings and my garlic-Q wings!
I absolutely love chicken wings, cooked any way, with any sauce (or without). I love them so much that I created a free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes.
Chili Garlic Wings
- 3-4 pounds chicken wings flats and drumettes separated, tips discarded
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Fire-Eater Rub to taste
For the sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons chili garlic sauce or less, to taste
- Place wings in a large resealable baggie or container.
- Add the oil and rub. Seal and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- Toss wings with sauce before serving.
For the sauce (prepare when you start cooking the wings)
- Combine ingredients in a sauce pan over low heat. Keep warm until ready to use.
Nutritional values are approximate.