Visit my other site, For The Wing, for all things chicken-wing!
Ok, time to fess up. If I was forced to choose my favorite wing sauce at Buffalo Wild Wings, spicy garlic would be it. The BW3 website says the sauce is ‘spicy and garlicky’ and that’s exactly what this copycat of the restaurant sauce is. Same great flavors, same great heat. Lick-your-fingers good. These copycat Buffalo Wild Wings Spicy Garlic wings are nothing but good!
I so love this copycat Buffalo Wild Wings spicy garlic wings sauce. It’s still Buffalo-sauce like, but with a nice twist making it just different enough but still familiar. The sauce keeps for a bit, so I didn’t hesitate to double the recipe. This sauce is good on grilled chicken or pork wings too.I store my leftover homemade sauces in squeeze bottles. If refrigerated, I set them out an hour before using so they come to room temperature. You don’t want to put cold sauce on hot wings!
I absolutely love chicken wings, cooked any way, with any sauce (or without). I love them so much that I created a free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes.
Copycat Buffalo Wild Wings Spicy Garlic Wings
- Place wings in a large resealable baggie or container.
- Add the oil, salt and pepper. Seal and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- Toss wings with sauce before serving.
For the Buffalo Wild Wings Spicy Garlic Sauce
- Combine all but the yolk, water and cornstarch in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the egg yolk and water. Whisk in the cornstarch until dissolved.
- Slowly whisk the mixture into the saucepan.
Nutritional values are approximate.