Visit my other site, For The Wing, for all things chicken-wing!
My oh my. I had no idea how fantastic these would be when I first came across this recipe for crab boil-brined wings. I thought, what if the crab boil is too strong? And what? A mayonnaise-based wing sauce? Isn’t that illegal? Well, color me wrong on both accounts because these wings were incredible. The crab boil flavor (one of my favorite tastes) is there, but it’s sort of just hanging around in the background. Very pleasant. The creamy mayonnaise basting and dipping sauce is truly outrageously great. It reminds me of the dressing for crab salad in a way.
If you aren’t a fan of crab boil, you’ll still want to make these wings. You don’t want to deprive yourself of something this fantastic.
It’d be ok to cut back on it a bit, but don’t leave out the crab boil. And if you’re like me, don’t be afraid to add more because my original worries about it being too strong were definitely unfounded. These crab boil-brined wings are something special.
My bandit wings are also marinated overnight to give them a big flavor punch!
I absolutely love chicken wings, cooked any way, with any sauce (or without). I love them so much that I created a free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes.
Crab Boil-Brined Wings
- 3-4 pounds chicken wings flats and drumettes separated, tips discarded or saved for making chicken broth
- 5 cups ice cold water
- 4 tablespoons liquid crab boil
- 2 green onions chopped, for garnish
- Place wings in a large resealable container.
- Add the water and liquid crab boil. Seal and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cook wings as desired. Click here for our guide on cooking wings in a grill, smoker, deep fryer, oven, or a Char-Broil Big Easy.. If possible, baste the wings with the sauce the last 10 minutes of cooking. If not (cooking in a deep-fryer, for example), just brush the wings with the sauce before serving and while the wings are still hot.
- Garnish wings with the onions and serve with remaining sauce for dipping.
For the sauce (double or triple the recipe below if you also wish to use the sauce for dipping)
- Whisk together all ingredients.
Nutritional values are approximate.