Although certainly not an authentic take on the (yummy) Cuban sandwich, these grilled Cuban hot dogs do remind you of the tastes of the handheld classic. Easy to make, they’re perfect for lunch. I just fired up my Weber Q1200 grill and tossed a few dogs on. Minutes later we’re enjoying lunch!
I used McClure’s Sweet and Spicy wavy cut pickles on these dogs. They are by far our favorite pickles. They are crunchy, tasty, and have a really nice kick to them. They were perfect on these grilled Cuban hot dogs.
Also try my super-yummy Hawaiian hot dogs.
Grilled Cuban Hot Dog
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 4 pieces deli ham I used a Black Forest ham since it has a nice flavor to it
- 4 pieces Swiss cheese
- 8 pickle slices I used McClure’s Sweet and Spicy wavy cut
- spicy brown mustard or Dijon mustard
- Grill the dogs and toast or warm the buns as desired.
- Insert one piece of ham into each bun.
- Add a piece of cheese, followed by the hot dog.
- Add pickles then mustard to taste.
Nutritional values are approximate.