Wow, these Cuban burgers were great. I love Cuban sandwiches, and I love burgers, so put two things I love into one and you get … lots more love! You’ll need a panini press to flatten these, but it’s ok if you don’t have one. Instead, place the burgers (wrapped in foil) into a large heated skillet then place another, smaller, skillet on top. Weigh it down with a few unopened cans you have on hand to press it down a bit. Voila! Instant panini press!
The easiest way to cook these Cuban burgers is on a Cuisinart Griddler.
Also try my Dallas burgers.
- Form meat into patties. Season well and grill until just barely done.
- Combine the mayonnaise, roasted garlic, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Slather bun sides with the mayonnaise mixture and add some Dijon.
- Top buns with the cheese, burgers, more cheese, and some ham.
- Add bun tops and place into preheated panini press. Press down and cook until the cheese melts
Nutritional values are approximate.