My goodness these grilled Hawaiian chicken sandwiches are good. The Asian-inspired marinade makes the chicken not only super tasty, but also moist and tender. The pineapple and red onion compliment each other perfectly.
Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches
For the marinade
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 5 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 can coconut milk
For the sandwiches
- 4 chicken breasts butterflied and trimmed
- 4 slices pineapple
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 slices red onion
- 4 leaves lettuce
- Combine the marinade ingredients and place in a large resealable baggie or container. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Refrigerate overnight, tossing occasionally.
- Fire up your grill. Sear the chicken on both sides then move to indirect heat and cook until internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- Lightly grill the pineapple slices.
- Slather the buns with the mayonnaise. Top with the chicken, pineapple, red onion, and lettuce and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.