I have to say that this grilled pork tenderloin with cherry salsa not only came out tasting fantastic, it was mighty pretty looking too! The cherry salsa on top really made this dish, and would also go well on grilled crostinis. The pork was crazy tender, tasty and juicy. All-in-all, this was a great, simple dish to make that far exceeded my expectations!
I’d use the marinade portion of this recipe for grilled pork tenderloin with cherry salsa on other meats. It’d be great on pork chips or chicken.
Also check out my grilled pork tenderloin with a cantaloupe salsa.
Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Cherry Salsa
- 1 cup cilantro chopped roughly, divided
- 1/2 cup shallots minced, divided (use red onion if you don’t have shallots on hand)
- 6 tablespoons lime juice about 3 limes, divided
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 pork tenderloins trimmed
- 1/2 pound cherries stemmed, pitted,halved
- 1 jalapeño minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Place 1/2 cup of the cilantro, 1/4 cup of the shallots, 4 tablespoons of the lime juice and the vegetable oil in a large resealable baggie. Seal and shake to combine.
- Add pork tenderloins to the baggie. Reseal, and toss to coat. Let marinate for 15-30 minutes at room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining cilantro, shallots and lime juice. Add the cherries, jalapeno and olive oil. Mix and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sear tenderloins over direct heat on the grill. Then continue cooking over indirect heat until the internal temperatures reach 145-150 F.
- Remove from heat and let rest 10 minutes.
- Slice thin and serve topped with cherry salsa.
Nutritional values are approximate.