Visit my other site, For The Wing, for all things chicken-wing!
Don’t fear the habanero. Don’t worry about the heat. Well, ok, maybe a little. But it’s really tamed by the fantastic mango sauce. This might well be the perfect combination of sweet and heat. This is what Buffalo wing sauce wants to be when it grows up. This copycat Buffalo Wild Wings mango habanero sauce is nothing but awesome.
I used a can of mango nectar when I made this copycat Buffalo Wild Wings mango habanero sauce. It can be found in the Hispanic foods section of your grocery store. If you can’t find it, you might find it in the juice section. In a pinch, you can substitute mango that has been diced and pureed until very smooth. In that case you’ll probably need to strain the sauce before using.
I absolutely love chicken wings, cooked any way, with any sauce (or without). I love them so much that I created a free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes.
Copycat Buffalo Wild Wings Mango Habanero Sauce
- Place wings in a large resealable baggie or container.
- Add the oil and rub. Seal and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- Toss wings with sauce before serving.
For the sauce (prepare when you start cooking the wings)
- Combine ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Stir and simmer until reduced to the desired consistency.
- Keep warm until ready to use.
Nutritional values are approximate.