This is a super-easy to make spicy ground beef chili, yet it is very tasty. I like to freeze it in batches so I have an easy-to-heat-and-eat lunch on hand. It is meant to be spicy and it is. A big bowl of this chili will chase away winter weather, no matter how bad it is outside. I find it particularly hits the spot after shoveling snow!
Although this recipes calls for using only ground beef, you could substitute some ground pork or my favorite, ground Italian sausage. Or go for a half-beef, half-sausage mixture.
Also try my three-meat spicy chili.
Spicy Ground Beef Chili
This is a super-easy to make spicy ground beef chili, yet it is very tasty. I like to freeze it in batches so I have an easy-to-heat-and-eat lunch on hand. It is meant to be spicy and it is.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 ounce green chile peppers drained
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper diced
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can beans (pinto, kidney… whichever you prefer) drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Pickled jalapenos
- Brown the ground beef in a large pot or Dutch oven or medium-high heat. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings.
- Add the onion and cook until the onion starts to soften.
- Add garlic and bell peppers and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Stir.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and simmer uncovered for at least 30 minutes or until the sauce is the desired thickness.
- Cover and simmer another 20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Calories: 335kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 452mg | Potassium: 642mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1219IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 4mg
Nutritional values are approximate.