Tangy Bean Salad
There are hundreds of variations on bean salad, and I am pretty sure I’ve made and enjoyed them all. This tangy bean salad is no exception. Made in no time, but better after it gets happy in the fridge for a few hours first.
Servings 8 servings
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 15 1/2 ounce green beans canned, rinsed and drained
- 15 1/2 ounce wax beans canned, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce kidney beans canned, rinsed and drained
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, and oil.
Add the onion and bell pepper and mix.
Add beans to the bowl and toss to coat.
Season with salt and pepper, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 492mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 434IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 3mg