Basic BBQ Sauce
This is not a complicated or fancy sauce, but it has the perfect consistency and taste. I can add more hot sauce for a spicy version, or I can add more liquid smoke for a more hickory-flavored sauce.
Servings 4 cups
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons more or less, to taste hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon more or less, to taste liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
Place all ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.
Transfer to a sauce pan over medium heat.
Heat thoroughly. Serve or use warm.
Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4850mg | Potassium: 733mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 56g | Vitamin A: 2373IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 3mg