Rio Grande Dip
I didn’t go crazy with the cheese as I normally would in a dip like this Rio Grande dip. Nope, I love all of the ingredients so much that I wanted each to be represented. No hiding under the cheese!
Servings 16 servings
- ½ pound Italian sausage I used hot, but you can also substitute Mexican chorizo
- ½ cup sweet onion finely chopped
- 2 15 ounce refried black beans
- 1 ½ cups salsa
- 1 4 ounce green chile peppers diced, un-drained
- 1 ½ cups Monterey Jack cheese shredded, plus more for garnish
- cilantro chopped, for garnish
- Tortilla or corn chips for serving
Crumble the sausage into a large skillet or Dutch oven and brown over medium-high heat.
Add in the beans, salsa, and chile peppers. Stir. Bring to a simmer.
Add in the cheese and reduce heat to low. Stir to melt.
Serve with chips, garnished with more cheese and chopped cilantro, if desired.
Calories: 97kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 334mg | Potassium: 120mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 199IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 1mg