Does macaroni-and-cheese with tomatoes and black beans in it make it healthier? I’m not sure. Probably not. I am sure that this Southwestern macaroni-and-cheese was fantastic.
- 6-8 prepared macaroni-and-cheese I doubled our great 20-minute mac-and-cheese recipe, prepared
- 1 15 ounce black beans rinsed, drained
- 1 large tomato seeded, chopped
- hot sauce to taste (optional)
- parsley chopped, for garnish
Prepare the macaroni and cheese as directed. Keep warm.
Stir in the beans and tomato along with the Cajun seasoning or hot sauce, if using.
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Calories: 7kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 56mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 190IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg