BBQ pinwheels are an excellent alternative to sandwiches. They’re easy to make, easy to eat, and very tasty. They also make for the perfect party appetizer.
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tube pizza dough
- ½ cup your favorite BBQ sauce plus more for serving
- 1 ½ cups pulled pork pulled pork, pulled chicken, rotisserie chicken, chopped brisket... whichever you prefer
- ½ small red onion chopped
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar shredded (Swiss, provolone or pepper jack also go well)
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Sprinkle the flour onto a flat surface.
Open the pizza dough and spread it over the flour. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out into a rectangle.
Brush the BBQ sauce all over the dough.
Sprinkle the dough with the meat, onion, cheese and parsley.
Starting with the longest edge, roll the dough up into a long cylinder.
Cut the cylinder into 1" wide sections and transfer, laying down flat, to a baking sheet.
Bake 15 minutes or until hot and the dough is crispy and done.
Serve with additional BBQ sauce, warmed, for dipping if desired.
Calories: 594kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 1781mg | Potassium: 153mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 812IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 268mg | Iron: 4mg