Grilled Zucchini Roll-Ups
I have to admit, zucchini isn’t something you often see around our kitchen. But now that I’ve discovered grilling them and wrapping them around cheese, zucchini are going to be seen and seen often.
Servings 30 rolls
- 4 large zucchini cut lengthwise into 1/4" strips
- 2 tablespoons oil from sun-dried tomatoes divided
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes in oil chopped
- 4 ounces feta crumbled
- 6 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chives chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon basil chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1/2 tablespoon dried red pepper flake
Fire up a grill for direct cooking.
Brush both sides of the zucchini strips with 1/2 tablespoon of the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes.
Place onto grill and grill until slightly tender and you get good grill remarks. Remove to a cooking rack and let cool completely.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, remaining oil, the cheeses, chives, basil, and red pepper flakes.
Spread 1 teaspoon (or maybe a bit more depending on how big your zucchini are) of the cheese mixture onto the zucchini strips. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
Calories: 44kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 72mg | Potassium: 139mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 224IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg