Italian Herb Skillet Bread
Rhodes dinner rolls make for a great, easy accompaniment to any meal. This Italian herb skillet bread version kicks them up a bit by topping them with savory herbs.
- 7 dinner rolls Rhodes frozen dinner rolls
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil slightly crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano slightly crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary slightly crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
Lightly grease an 8" cast iron skillet with shortening (or butter).
Place rolls in skillet, starting with one in the middle and the rest around it in a circle. The rolls should be about 2" apart.
Cover the skillet with a towel and place in a warm place. Let rolls rise until touching, 4-5 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Combine the herbs with the butter. Gently brush the mixture onto the tops of the rolls.
Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Calories: 847kcal | Carbohydrates: 141g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 1614mg | Potassium: 420mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 138IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 582mg | Iron: 11mg