Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Pecan Butter
These grilled sweet potatoes with pecan butter are a favorite Thanksgiving dish for us. It’s a bit sweet, a lot easy, and very tasty. You can make it ahead of time and cook it on-site, in the oven or on a grill (which is how I do it).
- 4 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/4" thick slices
- 1 large sweet onion sliced thin and separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pecans toasted, chopped
Preheat grill to medium, about 425 degrees.
Place potato slices and onion rings on a large sheet of aluminum foil. Brush with oil.
Place another sheet of foil over potatoes and seal along edges.
Place on grill for 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
In a small bowl, mix the butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Stir in pecans.
Open packets and top with pecan butter. Serve.
Calories: 407kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 228mg | Potassium: 855mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 32475IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 2mg