- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3-5 cloves garlic chopped
- 2-3 shallots chopped
- 3 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 3 tablespoon fresh marjoram chopped (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 1 large can chopped tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped (or 2 teaspoons dried)
Heat oil over high heat. Add garlic, shallots, thyme and marjoram and saute for 3 minutes.
Add wine and reduce by 1/2, about 3 minutes.
Add the two cans of tomatoes. Simmer, stirring often, for 7 minutes.
Add 1/2 -3/4ths of the can of tomato paste, sugar, and hot pepper flakes. Simmer an additional 7 minutes, stirring often.
Add salt and pepper to taste and add the basil, cook another 1 minute.
Calories: 62kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 97mg | Potassium: 100mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 407IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg