Copycat Burger King Whopper
I like to cook my copycat Burger King Whoppers on a flat top griddle on my grill. I get the griddle hot, screaming hot, first. That gives me that little char, that little crunch around the edges.
- 4 hamburger buns sesame-seed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt I prefer a little more
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper I prefer a little more
- 4 slices American cheese optional
- 12 dill pickle chips divided
- 2 slices white onion separated into 8 rings, divided
- 2 small tomatoes cut into 8 slices, divided
- 4 teaspoon ketchup divided (just eyeball it)
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce chopped, divided
- 8 teaspoons mayonnaise divided (just eyeball it)
Heat a skillet, grill pan or flat top griddle over high heat.
Brush butter on buns and toast until lightly browned.
Season the meat with salt and pepper and form into thin patties. Cook 2-3 minutes per side, not flipping until you get a nice crust.
To assemble the burgers, place the patties on the bun bottoms.
Add the pickle, onion and tomato slices.
Add a good squirt of ketchup.
Add the shredded lettuce. Spread mayonnaise on bun top and serve.
Calories: 640kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 4957mg | Potassium: 978mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1638IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 521mg | Iron: 6mg