Smoked Cajun Chuck Roast
Incredible. Absolutely incredible. That’s all I can keep saying when I think back to this smoked Cajun chuck roast. The flavors were so good, so rich and fantastic.
- 1 3 pound chuck roast
- Cajun seasoning I used my homemade version
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 sweet onion sliced thin
- 1 bell pepper red or green, seeded, sliced thin
- 14 ounce petite diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup chicory coffee regular flavorful coffee can be substituted
- Cooked grits or rice for serving
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
Rub the chuck roast generously with the Cajun seasoning. Get all sides and all the nooks and crannies. Place into a resealable container or baggie and refrigerate overnight.
Fire up your smoker for cooking at 250-275 F. Add a few chunks of light wood such as apple, cherry or peach. Alternatively, preheat your oven and skip to step 4.
Smoke the chuck roast for 2 hours.
Place the chuck roast in a large aluminum pan. Add the celery, onion, pepper, tomatoes, tomato paste, and coffee.
Cover in foil and smoke (or bake) for another 6 or more hours or until the meat easy pulls apart.
Carefully remove the chuck roast and shred. Return to the pan.
Serve over cooked grits or rice with the pan sauce over the top. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Calories: 447kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 156mg | Sodium: 293mg | Potassium: 1060mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 708IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 6mg