Visit my other site, For The Wing, for all things chicken-wing!
If you’ve been looking for a great, inexpensive store-bought Buffalo wing sauce that has just the right amount of kick but isn’t too spicy, the medium wing sauce from Great Value (WalMart) is definitely the sauce for you. And me. Because I absolutely loved it. I decided to take a little break from hot wing sauces. This medium sauce definitely still satisfied my Buffalo wing craving without burning my mouth. It’s just barely spicy, and definitely very flavorful. Not overly vinegary. And the perfect consistency. I was really, really happy with it. This sauce is proof that you don’t have to spend a lot of money on a store sauce to get a good product.
The Great Value mild wing sauce is also great, perfect for wings for a crowd without having to worry about it being too spicy. For something with a bit of an Asian zing, also toss some wings with Great Value Asian Sweet Chili wing sauce.
Also try Meijer’s medium Buffalo wing sauce.
I absolutely love chicken wings, cooked any way, with any sauce (or without). I love them so much that I created a free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes.
Great Value Medium Wing Sauce
- 3-4 pounds chicken wings flats and drumettes separated, tips discarded
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Great Value Medium wing sauce to taste
- Place wings in a large resealable baggie or container.
- Add the oil, salt and pepper. Seal and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- Toss wings with sauce before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.