If you’re looking for a big ole pot of taco-inspired soup, look no further. It’s almost like a chili. And almost like a stew. But it tastes like a big bowl of taco.
This taco soup recipe makes a mighty big batch of soup, but it’ll freeze well if you want to save some for later.
Also try my fantastic refried bean soup.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium white onions diced
- 2 cans pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomatoes with chiles
- 8 ounce diced green chiles
- 4.6 ounce sliced black olives drained
- 1 package taco seasoning mix or use 3 tablespoons of our homemade mix
- 1 ounce Ranch salad dressing mix
- Garnishes Fritos corn chips, tortilla strips, shredded cheddar, green onion, jalapenos, sour cream, guacamole… whichever you prefer
- Lightly brown the ground beef in a large pot or Dutch oven. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the onion and continue cooking until just starting to soften.
- Add remaining ingredients except garnishes and stir.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and let simmer for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with desired garnishes.
Nutritional values are approximate.