I sometimes wonder if one of the reasons I love chicken wings so much (see my other blog, For the Wing) is they give me an excuse to have more Ranch dressing. I love a good, creamy Ranch dressing, and this copycat of the one from Outback is top-notch good yummy stuff. Whether you’re putting it on a salad or using it for dipping your Buffalo wings, it’s the best homemade version I’ve found.
Yes, you read correctly. The recipe for making copycat Outback Ranch dressing includes cayenne pepper. I would not leave it out even if you’re not into spiciness. It’s not that spicy, and what there is gets tamed by the buttermilk and mayonnaise. Personally, I’d add a bit more than the recipe calls for.
Also try my copycat of Chipotle’s honey vinaigrette.
Copycat Outback Ranch Dressing
- 2 cups mayonnaise preferably not light
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 1 oz package Ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Whisk together all ingredients.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. If the dressing is too thick add just a a bit more buttermilk and stir.