This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
We grill pork tenderloins with great regularity. They are so tender (if you don’t overcook them), and like chicken breasts or most white fish, they take on other flavors very well. This recipe for grilled pork tenderloin sliders with chipotle lime mayonnaise combines a great southwest-inspired rub with a mayonnaise that is kicked up with some smoky chipotle and citrusy lime. Served as sliders, these little yummy bites are sure to disappear in no time.
The grilled green onions really add a nice dimension to these grilled pork tenderloin sliders with chipotle lime mayonnaise. The mayonnaise is also great on deli meat sandwiches and grilled chicken sandwiches. Ok, it’s great on any sandwich. I’ve also found myself using it on hot-off-the-grill hamburgers.
I recently discovered Blue Plate mayonnaise, which I think is the best around. If you can’t find it locally you can pick it up online for a fair price.
I had no clue that you could buy chipotle lime mayonnaise online or in stores. I need to get out more. But it’s easy enough to make it yourself too.
Also try my grilled pork tenderloins with garlic mustard compound butter. They aren’t sliders, but they are awfully good.
Grilled Pork Tenderloin Sliders with Chipotle Lime Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 1 pound pork tenderloins
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin or less, to taste
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 green onions trimmed
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 chipotles in adobo sauce minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 12 slider buns
- 6 slices Pepperjack cheese cut into quarters
- Rub both tenderloins with the oil.
- In a bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the tenderloins.
- Place tenderloins into a large resealable baggie. Add green onions and seal. Shake gently to also coat the onions.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the mayonnaise by combining the mayo, chipotle, and lime juice. Refrigerate until needed.
- Fire up your grill for direct and indirect cooking. Sear the tenderloins on all sides and remove to indirect heat to continue cooking to an internal temperature of 160 F. Remove, cover with foil, and let cool slightly.
- Place the green onions over direct heat and grill for 3 minutes, turning often. Remove and chop into 1″ long pieces.
- Slice the tenderloins.
- Slather sliders bun the mayonnaise. Add the pork, 2 quarters of cheese, and onions. Serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.