I should’ve bought more lemon pepper wing dust from Kosmo’s Q. Sure, I put it on wings. But I’ve found myself using it more and more on grilled vegetables. Like these planked lemon pepper asparagus. You can’t get much easier and you can’t get much more flavorful than this grilled side dish.
The seasoning adds a serious lemony peppery kick to anything. I’m not shy with it because I love it. You might want to start with less and see what you think. You can always add more. The asparagus will take on a great citrusy flavor with a hint of cedar and just the right amount of pepper. Perfect.
Also try my planked lemon pepper Brussels sprouts.
Planked Lemon Pepper Asparagus
The seasoning adds a serious lemony peppery kick to anything.
- 2 pounds asparagus
- 1 tablespoon Kosmos Q Lemon Pepper Wing Dust or more, to taste
- olive oil
- Place a cedar plank in water while preparing the asparagus.
- Trim the asparagus. I've found the easiest way to do this is to just bend them until they break. They break right at the point where one piece is the woodsy stem part you discard and the other is the yummy edible part.
- Fire up your grill for direct cooking, around 400 F.
- Gently toss the sprouts with the oil. Just use enough to lightly coat them.
- Sprinkle with the Kosmos Q Lemmon Pepper wing dust. How much you add is up to you, but my opinion is more is better.
- Transfer the asparagus to the plank.
- Transfer to the grill and grill for 20-25 minutes or until the plank is charred and the asparagus is as tender as you prefer and has a little char on them too. I find myself taking the smaller pieces off and sampling them as they cook. Not only are they delicious it also helps me determine when they are done.
Kosmos Q wing dust contains enough salt so you won’t need to add any to the sprouts. You can add freshly ground black pepper if you like. Nutritional values do not include the wing dust.
Calories: 23kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 229mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 857IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutritional values are approximate.