This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Visit my other site, For The Wing, for all things chicken-wing!
Chicken wings are my favorite dish, and I sure have made them a lot of different ways with lots of different sauces. From homemade, to bottled, I can’t get enough wings. I’ll make them at home, and I’ll eat them at restaurants or bars. It’s hard to pick a favorite… until now. These crispy chipotle wings are my all-time favorites. A little heat, a little smokiness, and a little sweet. Everything you could want in a wing, and crunchy to boot. Grab some paper towels and scoot up to the table and get busy!
I made these crispy chipotle wings on my Char-Broil Big Easy. Used to be, I couldn’t get super-crispy wings in the Big Easy without finishing them on a grill. Not any more. My crispy wing technique gets it done and done good on the Big Easy or in the oven. Give it a shot. It’s as good as deep-fried but without the oil.
Also try my raspberry chipotle wings.
I absolutely love chicken wings, cooked any way, with any sauce (or without). I love them so much that I created a free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes.
Crispy Chipotle Wings
For the wings
For the wings
- Place wings into a large resealable bag.
- Add the oil and toss to coat.
- Add rub, toss to coat and seal.
- Refrigerate for 1-3 hours.
- When done, place wings in a large bowl and add sauce. Toss to coat and serve.
For the sauce
- Combine all ingredients except the salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Season with salt and let simmer slowly until thickened slightly.
Nutritional values are approximate.