Visit my other site, For The Wing, for all things chicken-wing!
I had been jonesin’ for these peach apricot chile wings from the moment I ran across the original recipe. Not because I’m a big fan of apricots, mind you, but because i knew that the combination of sweet peach and apricot would go perfectly with spicy chile sauce. Heck, I think the sauce even changed my mind about apricots!
I cooked these peach apricot chile wings on my Weber charcoal grill using the Vortex insert, which gives me that great crunchy skin and fantastic grilled flavor without a lot of effort. In fact, just about no effort whatsoever.
Usually I toss my wings with sauce after they are cooked, but this time I brushed some of the sauce onto the wings just before removing them from the grill. The sauce ‘set up’ a bit, making for the best sticky yummy wings you could imagine. I also served a bit extra of the sauce on the side for dipping.
I absolutely love chicken wings, cooked any way, with any sauce (or without). I love them so much that I created a free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes.
Peach Apricot Chile Wings
For the wings
For the glaze and dipping sauce
- 6 ounces peach preserves
- 6 ounces apricot preserves
- 1 cup chili paste such as Sambal Oelek
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro minced
For the wings
- Place wings into a large resealable bag.
- Add the oil.
- Add the seasoning. Seal the bag, and toss gently to coat.
- Refrigerate for up to 3 hours before cooking.
- Brush wings with sauce just before removing from the grill and serve with additional sauce for dipping.
For the sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
Nutritional values are approximate.