This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
Mmmm. Lovely sweet delicious roasted carrots. Roasted carrots on the Char-Broil Big Easy are done in no time at all. Nothing fancy, nothing hard, just great flavor. You might think that your Big Easy is just for poultry or pork, but it’s great for making sides too. These carrots take no time at all, so you can toss them on your Big Easy while your turkey is resting.
I like to partially cook my carrots first before putting them on the Big Easy. Cooking raw carrots over high heat can make them dry out a bit. Cooking them just a bit first and then roasting them produces tender, juicy, flavorful carrots every single time. That’s one the reasons that roasted carrots on the Char-Broil Big Easy are so good!
The same approach can be used with cauliflower and broccoli.
The bunk bed basket lets you double the amount of cooking space you have on your Big Easy. And it’s easy to take in and out of the cooker too!
Roasted Carrots on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- Bring an inch of water to a boil in a large skillet or shallow pot.
- Add carrots and boil until just tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Transfer the carrots to the Big Easy.
- Roast the carrots until golden brown, 5-10 minutes.
- Remove carrots to a plate and drizzle with the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with the chopped parsley.
Nutritional values are approximate.